Powerful, Intuitive, Affordable, Open, Infinitely Flexible
We use and recommend the open-source WebGUI content management system.
Geekuprising Internet Consultants provides high-performance, regularly updated and affordable WebGUI hosting.
We can help build a site with WebGUI that you manage easily- even if you don't know the slightest about HTML.
WebGUI has the most inituitive and powerful website management tools we've seen in an open-source solution. A few features:
- Built-in tools for creating common website features with a few clicks, including:
- Articles (with automatic pagination!),
- Community discussion boards,
- FAQ lists,
- Inventory/product lists,
- RSS syndicated content lists,
- Data-collecting web forms,
- In-page "contact us" forms,
- and lists of downloadable files.
- A fully templatted system- WebGUI, and any of its built-ins, can look any way you want. You're not locked into the "boxes on the left, boxes on the right, content in the middle" form many systems force on you. WebGUI's templates are editable right in your browser.
- A built-in full-text search engine, with more flexible and powerful search options available as free plug-ins,
- A rich user management system, including:
- An infinitely flexible group-based permission system,
- Customizable user profiles,
- "Lost password" and automatic user sign-up features,
- The ability to authenticate users via your pre-existing databases.
- Multiple WYSIWYG content editors, including "Word HTML" clean-up,
- Search-engine friendly page URLs,
- A vibrant, knowledgable and friendly user and developer community.
- The ability to "cut and paste" pages (or even parts of pages) to restructure your site easily.
WebGUI cuts the right balance between purity of approach and pragmatic accomplishment.
Information about our WebGUI hosting program.